Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010


I did not get into the nano MBA program. Yesterday afternoon I received an email informing me that I was not selected for the Nano MBA program. I was disappointed. Whenever you pour your heart into something and it does not work out you are bound to feel let down. I had no doubt that it was going to be very tough getting in. The competiton was steep and of course many other optimists like myself were hoping to get a piece of Seth Godin's mind. Spending some quality time with the man who tends to inspire, educate and explain chaotic world in a very simple way would have been a dream. I am sorry I did not get in. I will try again if again comes around. Till then i will keep writing.


The email from Seth and Ishita.


Thank you. I am inspired.

Wow. More than inspired. Over a thousand extraordinary people applied...

Thanks so much for taking the time to apply to my 5-day program. I’m overwhelmed by the response, in numbers, sure, but also in the sheer quality of what came in.

There are people all over the world who are standing up for what they believe in and choosing to do work that matters. You are in very good company, and reading through the hundreds and hundreds of applications was both overwhelming and cause for optimism.

Of course, choices have to be made, and unfortunately, we couldn’t choose everyone. I hope you won’t take it personally, or as a comment on your work, but we’re unable to find room for you this time. I know that in narrowing this down to some finalists we have made some obvious mistakes, and missed people who would have been perfect, people who no doubt will achieve great things and brag about how we didn't pick them… can't wait till that happens!

Any selection process, by its nature, is flawed. This one especially so, because there’s limited information and too many good choices. So, forgive me for not being able to make it work. Unfortunately, we're too swamped to reconsider any of the decisions.

Thanks again for the important work you’re doing and for your enthusiasm in applying. Keep making a difference.


Seth (and Ishita!)


p.s. As much as it sucks getting rejected I must say this is the best rejection email that i have ever received. When I first read the email I almost felt good about myself. And then it sunk in.

NOTE: Photo is courtesy of Paul Idasz

No comments:

Post a Comment